Saturday, June 9, 2007

Esther (My Sermon for 10 Jun 07)

Esther 4
3 Lessons from the Story of Esther



1. REASON

Esther 4: 12 - 14
KEY SENTENCE
Who knows but that you have come to royal position for such a time as this?


That there is a reason for us to be in this world.
That there is a reason for us to be saved.
That there is a reason for us to be where we are (our family, our jobs, etc)


2. RISK


Esther 4: 11

Esther counted the cost and knew that if she went into the King's presence without being summon may costs her her life.

King David will not offer to God something that will cost him nothing in 2 Samuel 24: 24.

Have we counted the cost when we commit ourselves to give or serve God?
Have we thought about what it will cost us and only to give God the best that will cost us a sacrifice?


3. RESPOND


Esther 4: 16
When this is done, I will go to the king, even though it is against the law. And if I perish, I perish.

Esther knew the risk involved and knew the purpose that God has for her.
Then she responded to the call and acted on it.

It is not how much we can give or not whether we can save the world.
But it is whether we choose to respond and make a difference whenever the opportunity comes.

Dear Lord, help me know the reason for my being, calculate the risk involved and respond to obey what you require of me to make a difference to my world. Amen!

No comments: