Thursday, August 2, 2007

Matthew 5: 40 - 41

And if someone wants to sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well. If someone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles.

LECTIO & MEDITATIO
If someone wants to sue me, then I must have wrong that person.
And Jesus has put pressure on his disciples not to just put right to the wrong but to compensate more. I think Jesus is bringing across that we are to do our best to reconcile the relationship. That we should make every effort to reinstate the pain and hurt of the offended and reconcile the relationship. Again we do our part and leave the rest to God. In the eyes of the law, we have already recompense and paid the price. And in the eyes of God, we have done all we can to reconcile the relationship. There will be times when the other party may not respond positively. So that is why we live everything to God after we do what is right and even more.

CONTEMPLATIO / PRAYER
Lord Jesus, help me to put right what I have wronged and not just put right but to reconcile the relationships that had gone sour. Even if I do not get the response that I desire to receive, I leave everyting to You that You will make everything beautiful in Your time. Amen.

No comments: