Friday, April 20, 2007

The Church in Pergamum

Yesterday we did another 2 more Churches: Pergamum & Thyatira

The Church in Pergamum was asked to be separated.
To be distinctively holy in a paganistic city.
The Church was commended for being true to Jesus and for holding on to their faith.

But they were reproached living with the teachings of Balaam which compromises with wrong association and the teachings of Nicolaitians which compromises with the fleshly desires.

They were asked to have nothing to do with those compromising acts and be different in this paganistic city. To throw out those things that are not right in God and stay separated and pure.
God demands holiness for his people.

Lord Jesus, help me to stay holy and make a difference to my world around me.
Help me to distinguish what is wrong to do and what is contextualising to the people around me as I reach out to them. Amen.

No comments: