Sunday, April 29, 2007

Sad but accomplished 2 weeks

In the last 2 weeks, a whole range of events took place.
We had 5 deaths in the last 2 weeks: 2 last week and 3 this week.
I visited the families of the deceased and conducted one wake service and one cremation service. Even though I have done many funerals, it felt so sad just seeing the families say goodbye to their loved ones and I had to be strong.

I sent my wife to the airport on Wed morning for her business trip.
I sent PIC to the airport for his Mission Trip to Thailand on Friday.
Then I am back at the airport to fetch my wife on Saturday evening.
I am going again to the airport this evening to sent my wife off to Taiwan.
The airport has become a regular place for me.
My son had a high fever 40 deg on Wed afternoon until Friday.
Brought him to the doctor on Thursday morning.

And I had quite a number of meetings with Care Corner, TRAC Board of Witness & Evangelism, TRAC Board of Youth Ministry, etc.

Lord Jesus, thank you for giving me the opportunity to minister and to comfort the families of the deceased. Thank you for healing my son from his high fever. Please heal him completely of his sore throat, cough and flu. Guide me and teach me how to be a good pastor to the church especially when I have to hold the fort while PIC is not around. Amen.

No comments: