Monday, July 30, 2007

Matthew 5: 31 - 32

"It has been said, `Anyone who divorces his wife must give her a certificate of divorce.' But I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaithfulness, causes her to become an adulteress, and anyone who marries the divorced woman commits adultery.

LECTIO & MEDITATIO

Today, many marriages head to divorce. It is sad to see this happening. If everyone were to take these words of Jesus seriously, there will be more commitment to one another. I think this does not only concern marriages but also commitment to one another in word or promises we make to one another. Sometimes I feel many of us do not keep our promises. We simply forget what we promise or simply refuse to keep our word.

CONTEMPLATIO / PRAYER
Lord Jesus, help me to keep my commitment to my wife and my family. Help me also to keep my word and promises I make to the people around me. Sometimes I forget what I promise but Lord, bring back memories so that I can be a man of truth and integrity. Amen.

No comments: